Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Night in the New house

Last night was our first night to sleep in the new house. Friday night hubby and I picked up some new bed sets for Princess and JW. At first Princess was herself and didn't like her's but soon warmed up to it. JW was with us when we were picking them out so he had some say in what he wanted. Princess was on one of her I don't wanna go kicks and stayed with her Nana and Papa so she didn't get any say. We were still moving things around 9pm last night and I swore if I ever move again, someone else is going to come and pack and move everything, or I will sell everything and buy new where ever we move to. BUT, I doubt we will move anytime before the kids graduate!!! JW isn't quite convinced that this is our home yet. He keeps asking to go home, it's such a poor pitiful voice he asks it in, it almost (almost being the key word) makes me want to take him back to the old house. It seems he feels like he shouldn't give up his place in the bed with hubby and I that he has been able to sleep in since all of this packing and moving stuff began, oh so very long ago. To convince him it was okay to sleep under the new dinosaur comforter in his big boy bed, mommy had to lay down with him. This is a twin sized bed mind you, and well......I'm not so much of a twin sized girl. I was so relieved when he crashed and I managed to get out of the bed w/out falling out or waking him up. Currently he is trying to crash out beside me in my bed.... little does he know, he will be relocated to a more desirable location once he is fully asleep!!

We are living in the stone ages until Wednesday. That's right folks, I'm currently typing this thanks to Verizon home phone service and MAN do I miss my cable internet service....AND cable!! I wonder if I knocked on a new neighbors door with a spool of cable and a splitter they'd let me borrow cable until Wed??? It's worth a try right???

We are still without a refrigerator, tomorrow morning we are going to pick up a small dorm sized one to use for about a week, or until I get the final word on if we are getting the one I promised to buy from a friend (which I hope we are!!!) Other than that we now get to replace the garbage disposal and do a little work on the dish washer, the motor is trashed on the disposal and when the dish washer pumps the water out, it pumps it up into the sink with the garbage disposal then it drains out???? Who knows?? Hubby is going to check it out. I am starting to look for 2 small wooden night stands. I have an idea of them in my head and want to paint one White for Princess and one maybe Red for JW? That's still to come.

Yesterday I received the approval of my in laws and my MIL's best friends on the house, everyone on my side except dad has seen the house and so far everyone really likes it and hasn't pointed out anything that we don't already know needs to be fixed.

Well, I'm eating away at my dial up minutes so I guess I'll call it a night. Until Wednesday!!!

No comments: