Well all of the waiting has finally paid off! Friday at 3pm we met in Mineola to sign papers on our house!!! After signing, getting ice cream at Dairy Queen for the kids being so good, then driving to Canton to the bank to put the $$ we ended up getting back we finally made it back to Our house. JW has been asking to "go home" for the past couple of weeks now, our house we live in now is no longer home he tells me. I guess it's just some place to sleep until we get the real "Home" ready. So Friday night we walked around in the house checking things out further and making a list of things to get at Home Depot to start working on it. Princess of course had to call Nana, Aunt JJ and Aunt Christie & the boys to invite them all to see the house right then!!!
I wish I would have taken before pictures, but I didn't. Princess walked around taking pictures with her Fisher Price camera papa Pearland bought her a couple of years ago for her birthday so maybe they will be clear enough to show a good before.
There isn't alot that needs to be done to make it ready to move in. All 3 bedrooms needed to be painted and my laundry room. Of course the laundry room isn't a must do before move in. So far we've got the kids rooms almost completed, just trim work and painting around the ceilings and base boards left there. We still have our room to completely paint. I have come to the realization that I DO NOT like painting. Princess chose a color called Azalea for her room, it didn't seem very bright on the lid when he put it on there as a sample, but 4 walls full of it makes it pretty bright, even with two coats!! JW's is blue, I believe it is called Parrot Bay or Parrot something... Both are Wal-Mart's version of the Mickey Mouse colors from Home Depot but saved me about $8 a gallon. Hubby and I chose and sandy color, it's lighter than the living room and hallway. My laundry room is actually one of the "oops" colors, it's a greenish color, kind of retro like color. I will definitely post after pictures once we finally move in!!!
Well, off to do some more packing! I'm starting tomorrow taking as much over in the back of the Mommy-Mobile as I can so it is just the big stuff left when we get to move that stuff!!
Have a great night!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment