Friday, August 29, 2008

Finally Friday!!!!!

Yeah it's Finally Friday!!! Princess is at school and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of the house since hubby got in late from work b/c he worked over 4 hours and JW is sleeping in with daddy I have the house all to myself. I should be up packing more b/c it seems like it is never ending. I honestly do not know where I have all this stuff stored for the past 3 years in this house. But at last, I am on the computer.

Last night Princess has cheer practice. She is now excited when I get there to show me what she has learned, normally we get there early enough that I can see them do a final run thru of what they have worked on but we were late last night. It was all my fault, but with good reason. Hubby had a friend from work go by and mow @ the new house b/c it was looking a bit shabby compared to the neighbors and he ended up finding a nest of ground hornets. In case you don't know what they are, they are bad! Google ground hornets or ground bees and you'll get it. Basically think of the cartoons where the swarm of bees chase the character and they jump into a lake to loose them....yea, they swarm, chase, sting......it's bad. Worse yet, they are near our neighbors property line. ANYWAY........JW & I started to leave the "old house" and heard kids playing so I decided to drive by and the SIL of our neighbors was out in their yard with their boys so I stopped by and told him, that way they would have a heads up and the boys wouldn't accidentally get into them before we can do something to get rid of them. Both my kids and my nephews are not allowed in the front yard right now due to them being somewhere.

I am so glad this is a 3 day weekend!!! We plan on moving everything else in the house tomorrow, still waiting on word on the fridge though, so I'm not sure what we are going to do for cold storage this weekend!! Today is payday for me!! I'm excited, I got a check last week but it was just for 2 days so it wasn't much. Today's is for a full week, although, next week will be less b/c I didn't work as much. Then the week after will be for only about 20 hours..........I was originally supposed to be getting 40! SOOOOOO I may have to consider job hunting again or something.

Oh, then there is still the task of treating the yard again for F-L-E-A-S!!!! My poor JW has to be sprayed down, rubbed down, put in a bubble to keep them from biting him.......I guess he's just sweeter than the rest of us, b/c he is really the only one that they bother!! He's such an outside kid which makes it almost impossible to keep him inside!!! I'm thinking of calling the fire department and setting the lawn on fire if this next treatment doesn't work......the bottle did say to repeat every 2 weeks or until they are gone................ I guess I better do a good cleaning of the old dog kennel.......anyone have a xl bubble suit??? I don't want to go into the flea bed....LOL!!

HUMMMM, what else is there?? Princess is enjoying 1st grade. So far she hasn't had any homework other than reading a book to me, which she did last night in a matter of minutes, it's a Reading Court book so they are little, quick sentences. She's such a fast learner I just pray that she doesn't end up bored like she did last year in Kindy. Some days I wonder if we should have gone a head and put her in Kindy instead of going thru PreK again, although she would be the youngest in her class. I guess only time will tell!

WOW!!! I just noticed I have written a novel of random things we have done this week. So I'm going to bring it to a close for now.

1st pee-wee football game is Saturday, September 6th at 8am, we get to be at the field at 7:15am!! Luckily it is here in GS!!

Okay, that's all!

No comments: