Monday, July 21, 2008

It's 9:30pm here, the kids are bathed and getting ready for bed. Princess is trying to find the right night gown she wants to sleep in and JW is wining b/c Princess won't play with him. JW took a late nap today (6pm-7:30pm ish) so he'll be up late w/me. (YEA!! :( not!) Tom is on 3p-11p this week. And we all know my feeling on that shift. Anyway, onto other things.

I was wanting to go back to college this semester. Well, I apparently hadn't completely got Tom on board with the idea and when I started talking about Princess & I starting to school on the same day, he was a little confused. Needless to say, there was a LONG conversation after that. We have came to the decision that I need to wait until this coming fall (Fall 09, maybe Spring 09) for me to start this endeavor. Due to childcare at night and his crazy schedule mainly.

So I am once again going back to work. What I am not sure. When I left the restaurant I was given the opportunity to come back if/when I wanted to. But it doesn't appear that lunches have picked up much and the new gm mentioned that working a few Saturdays would pretty much be mandatory going forward (not something I'm wanting to do). So I'm thinking the restaurant is NOT going to be a choice. I was thinking about Brookshires, but I'm not sure how the not being able to work nights would go. I emailed a guy about doing photography, it's not something I've ever done professionally, but I have taken lots of pictures of the kids on my own and they do provide paid training and it is just taking pictures for school year books and church directories and the like. Then there are lots of temp to hire things that sound okay, but I'll have to drive to Tyler and gas is not cheap. (And so far the mommavan isn't seeming to get the best of mileage on gas around (between 1/4 & 1/2 to go to Tyler and back on Friday) so I'm not sure how much $$ I'd REALLY need to be making to actually come out ahead. KWIM???

Other news............JW has gone #1 2x today AND!!!!! #2 2x today!!! Maybe we are finally on the road to being potty trained!!!! I have promised him a trip to the BIG Zoo once he is going potty all of the time during the sunshine time (daytime). So we will see how it goes the rest of this week. Oh and I am doing a bit of bribing with sweet tarts. Wish us luck!!

Well, I think that's about it for now!!!

Wait!!! I forgot to send Congratulations to my friends who have had or are having babies this week or this past week!! Jennifer gave birth to Kate Marie this past Tuesday 7lbs 6oz 20.5 inches. And Jayme who was induced this morning around 6:30am and has hopefully delivered her Joshua by now!! I'm anxiously awaiting an update on Jayme as her dh (John Smith)and I went to school together and have always been good friends.
Congratulations and best of luck to both. I know both of these kiddos are going to be absolutely GORGEOUS!! And rotten to boot (especially Jayme & John's!!)

Okay I'm really done now......... for now anyway!! Night!!

No comments: