Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Josh's new game

Okay so Josh is now 2 1/2 years old and has decided that he runs the place. Well......most days he does!! He has mastered unlocking the locks on the door and the screen door and going next door to Nana's house. This can be done in a matter of seconds!!!! He's very particular on how he makes the get away though. He waits until I'm in the bathroom, doing laundry or washing dishes and quietly makes his get away. One minute he's saying momma and asking for things the next minute poof he's gone. Sometimes if I look just fast enough I'll see him going onto mom's front porch. Most of the time I have to call to make sure that's where he went. He's good about it when he goes, he never goes far into the driveway and will only get on the edge of the driveway if the grass is wet. He can open mom's door now by himself so he no longer has to knock and wait for someone to open the door for him.

Our newest endeavor is potty training, apparently he can do it at daycare (aka school) but will not at home. There are times that he will drop his pants and sit on the potty but so far nothing has been produced. So anyone with any tips that might be reading this let me know the tricks of the trade!! Sarah was super easy when she started and was fully trained by the time she was almost 3. I'm not sure if we are going to make that mark with Josh....who knows though. I do know that he has officially boycotted diapers and will not wear anything but the lovely expensive pull ups.

Well, it's about time to get loaded up to go pick up Sarah from AWANA @ Main Street. Until next time~

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Hey girl! Josh will do it on his own b/c that what JT did. But we did the whole potty chart with stickers. He loved that. Also.. we put the fruit loops in the the big potty where he can shoot at them. He thought that was the funnest thing ever. Also.. do u have a regular potty chair or what? Ramona ended up getting a portable potty seat that u take with you when u travel, it just fits on a regular potty. He liked that much better. I guess it felt different to him than a reg. seat. Hope this helps you out, but if he doing it at the daycare, he will get it soon at home.