Saturday, March 15, 2008

34th Annual Salt Festival

Okay so this year I finally decided I needed to become more active in the community. Heck I'm 30 years old and what have I accomplished other than being a wife and mother?? Nothing much that I can list. So, I volunteered to help sell ads for the paper that is put out for the Salt Festival, not sure what the "correct" name of this newpaper thing is called though. Monday was my first day to try to sell ads and what do you know......all of the places in town that I wanted to hit except for 2 was closed!!! Yeppers!! Apparently nothing is open here on Monday!! So my plan for this coming week is to do it on a Tuesday!

This year is going to be done a bit differently than the 2 years before. There will be vendors in town on Friday AND Saturday, although more are expected on Saturday than Friday. Friday will be the Rodeo Associate Parade and Saturday morning will be the Salt Festival Parade, why two different days?? Heck if I know??? I wondered the same thing but didn't really hear why.

Here's the line up so far:

Wednesday Night
Various gospal groups starting at 6pm - 9/9:30pm - Free Admission

Thursday Night
Whiskey Fish - 9pm (ish) - Admission $5

Friday Night
Rodeo starts at 8pm (not sure if this is the Grand Entry or the first event)
Kelly Moore Band takes the stage I think around 8/9pm

Saturday
Parade 10am
Pet Show 10:30am
Horse shoe contest
Car Show
Kiddy capers
Vendors (arts and crafts and food) 10am-????
Rodeo (see Friday Night)
Star Search 7pm-9pm
Whiskeyfish taking stage around 9pm (I think)
Daryle Singletary takes stage at 11pm
~~~Admission for Whiskeyfish/Daryle Singletary is $10 advance/$12 at the door~~~

Special cups are going to be sold for the street dance and possibly for special drink prices around town..........check back for more details!!!!

No comments: