Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last game of the season

Tonight was our final game of the season, we played the Fruitvale Sandlot Stars. And we beat them 11-8!! Sarah and Megan are the only two returning players from last year, well the only two on the team that have played ball on a team before, most of all of the girls had been working on the basics at home prior to the season starting. The season started out slow for us, lots of losing games and the girls going home sad because we didn't win. We played the opening tournament for the summer, the Mikie Furrh Memoria weekend tournament and ended up with a participation medal. The turning point for us was the Fruitvale tournament where we ended up with........2nd place I believe it was (I would have to go and look at the trophy to make sure :p ). From then on the girls started having more confidence and our games got to were we were ending the game with the scores being closer!! I am so proud of this group of girls, the Sweet Peas will definitely be a group of girls to watch next year in T-Ball as I think only Sarah & Megan are moving up to Coach Pitch. That's another story all together, Coach Pitch, we are not sure if Sarah is going to like the idea of having someone throw a ball at her to hit so we will be working on it between the end of this season and the start of next season.

The final season tournament is this weekend in the Desert.....aka Edgewood! We play "sometime" Friday around 6pm or later, edgewoodbaseball.net is supposed to show when we play but I'm not seeing it so I guess I'll wait for Jada to call me :(

No comments: