Okay it's been.........a while since I blogged. Over 2 months!! There has been so much that has happened. This past couple of months have been so busy! April is a blurr, May we celebrated Tom's birthday and Mom's birthday. Mom had another stay and hopefully her last in the hospital and was released May 17th on her birthday with the FABULOUS news from her oncologist that she wouldn't need Chemo after all!! May 13th I accepted a new job here in town @ State Farm, I quickly gave my notice in Dallas working the Terrell area and started working the 1st of June.
I was able to help some with the Salt Festival this year and had a blast. Ty Thomason did our books and flyers plus an awesome job at promoting it this year. We had people come that weren't the normal locals but from out of town. Sunday before the Salt Festival I helped in setting up the tent and the stage. I never knew how much work goes into setting everything up, it's hard work, especially when it's a group of people that have never really done it before. The week of Salt Festival was my first week working in town and it was great!! Wednesday was the first day of the tent lunch with the Friends of Virginia Milam serving Dressing, that afternoon about the time I left work a horrible storm blew in and just almost took the tent down had it not been for Janet, Joy, Tammy and a couple of the VFD. They got the tent tied back down and the only injuries were Joy & Janet being soaked to the bone. Thursday night my father in law came in with his trailer to set up inside the street dance for Chad Reilly & The Wild Horse Band to perform, I also worked @ the tent during lunch. The band was okay that night, and the turn out wasn't near what we had hoped for. Friday was the Salt Festival & Rodeo Association Parade and I again worked for a little while on my lunch @ the tent. Friday night we had Whiskey Fish which were great as usual and the turn out was much better, somewhere between 1500 & 2000 people I would guess. Saturday started early with a pet show, kiddy capers, vendors downtown (which I think some were there on Friday) we had burgers @ the tent w/ Mineola Community Bank. I ended up working the entire lunch due to there not being enough people who wanted to help this year. There was also a horse show tournament and a car show that morning too. After lunch I decided to go home to clean up and rest because we knew it was going to be a late night. Janet called and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with them which I said yes to b/c it meant getting to meet the band and have dinner with them. David Ball was our performer on Saturday night, Chad Reilly & his band opened for him and the turn out was great!
Sarah decided she wanted to see if they could go to the Rodeo with Christie and the boys and to see if she'd let Dustin watch the kids @ the house or the kids stay w/ her until we got done in town but that it would be late. Josh decided he didn't want to go to the rodeo but they both went to Christie's house and both spent the night. It was Josh's first night away from home and they both had a great time and didn't want to go home the next day. Sunday afternoon came and we once again met but this time was to take everything apart and put everything up. This time we had the help of two nice VZ County trustees, a tractor and a fork lift which made everything go so much quicker. It was the only day I ended up with a sun burn. We had alot of fun and made some new friends and can't wait to start planning for the 2010 Salt Festival!! Let me know if you or anyone you know want to help or have any ideas on how to make next years even better!!
Things since then have been pretty normal. Sarah went to bible school @ the Methodist Church this past week and I think there is another that she is wanting to go to next week. She's ready for Main Street to have theirs b/c it's usually the most fun. She also attended the first day of Camp Kindle, she had lots of fun and made a really pretty shirt and she was so proud of and is ready for me to pull out my machine and material to make her more of them. Other than that I've been working and LOVING being home by 5:30 and having dinner as a family by 6:30 and being able to spend time with the hubby and kids. The change of jobs has made me redo our budget since I make about 1/2 what I was but it is so worth it not to be on the road all of the time and getting home so late.
Oh, I almost forgot, May 31st-June 4th Tom went to Ohio for a Hazmat school. It was hard at first not having him here b/c we haven't been apart for more than a day or so in about 4 years, or since right after Josh was born. But we survived but are so glad to have him back home.
What's next?? Father's day is coming up this weekend. Josh brought home the first present today from school (aka daycare) it was a rock, he painted it in "camo" with googlie eyes on it. I'm still not sure what we will be doing for Father's day other than fixing him a special lunch or dinner. (Sarah's hoping for lunch b/c they are having a end of bible school hot dog dinner @ the Methodist Sunday night @ 6pm).
That's about it for now. Hopefully I can start trying to keep this updated a little more.........just in case anyone reads it! LOL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment