Friday, November 21, 2008

....the past month...and what's coming up!

Okay it's been a while since my last post! Almost a month actually! Life has been sooo horribly busy this past month! Like I mentioned in my last post, I passed both of my insurance tests and my Life license has been issued, we are just waiting for the Fire to finally issue then I get to finally be on my own. So the past few weeks I have spent most of my days riding with my manager, the agent I am replacing and a few other agents. It has been a lot of fun and I have learned many useful and not so useful things. I'm still excited about this new opportunity I have been given.
~The kids - Princess went on a field trip to Athens a couple of weeks ago to something called Imagination Fair....I'm pretty sure I haven't already wrote about that. She had a good time even though she didn't get chosen to read her poem in front of the other kids. The had a 2nd field trip today to Tyler to something called Scientific Circus, I'm anxious to see how that went. JW got to take a field trip with the PreK kids at TLC to Azalea Trails to go Trick or Treating and this past Wednesday they took at trip to the Pavilion up town to decorate their tree for the Coco & Carols I think that their tree is Switzerland. Princess & her grade were supposed to be taking a field trip walking up to the Pavilion but I think the weather this week has turned out too cold.

That's the highlights from the past couple of weeks. Oh, I forgot about the drama with my van! When we bought the van we noticed it had custom wheels but didn't think much about it until last weekend when I noticed some wire showing on my front drivers tire, which is bad, especially since I'm putting 125+ miles on my van every day, over 600 miles a week. No biggy, I bought a tire, went to have Chuck @ Harris' Pit stop put it on to find out their machine wouldn't do my wheel. Off to Goggans in Edgewood only to find out I have "special" lug nuts and need a key to get them off. The bad thing is, it's not just one locking lug nut like some vehicles have, every one of them is a special type!!! So I've been driving hubby's car (WHICH I HATE!!!) and he's been easin my van to the mine every night. Today I finally got to stop to pick up the key I need to take the lug nuts off, our wheels are only sold at Discount Tire (which I would have never guessed!! Thank you GOOGLE!!) the highlight, the guy gave me the key......for FREE!!!! So off I go on my merry way to Canton, to drop my check off in the bank and to go to Wal-Mart. I leave Wal-Mart and here a POP! Then the car wouldn't move! The front tie rod had broken and there I sat in the middle of rows 7&8 not being able to go anywhere!! Thankfully 2 really nice men FINALLY stopped and helped to get the tire turned so I could get back into the parking space! I was truly amazed at how many women stopped to ask if I needed help and how few men stopped to ask! Anyway............I put our roadside assistance to use and a nice guy from Fuller's Towing came and picked me and my lovely car up and brought us home! If you ever need a tow and Ronnie Monk is not available (as he was tonight b/c he was in Austin) call Fuller's they are very courteous & professional. Our neighbors were a bit curious why a Lime Green tow truck was coming up the alley and all the boys that saw us seem to think it was cool. I know JW is going to be mad b/c momma got to ride in a big truck and he didn't! He's soooo funny!

Well, that brings us up to date! Tomorrow we will spend fixing hubby's car and my tire for the beginning of the day. If it warms up I want to try to get some lights up to get a jump start on decorating for Christmas. We usually try to start the weekend after Thanksgiving, but since that is First Monday weekend we will be in Canton........yeah us!LOL!! Hopefully if everyone isn't too tired we might try to go to the movies to watch Bolt, the kids are wanting to go to the drive in in Tyler, but I keep telling them it will be toooo coooollllddd that we will just have to go to the little theater in Wills Point. Next week Princess is out of school all week, JW is out of school & I am off work Thursday & Friday. I think hubby is off work Thursday & Friday too. I'm hoping we are going to Allen to hubby's cousins house on Thursday, we haven't seen them since last year and can't wait to see their new house.

Wow! I didn't realize I had written a novel!! If you've made it this far, hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! Stay warm!

No comments: